Our team is growing: Join us
CUUP is the female-led, direct to consumer brand opening up a conversation for and between women by creating essential bras for women with boobs. For the first time in history, women don’t have to compromise between style and support: Our bras and underwear are made from high quality textiles using sleek designs and expertly shaped fits. With a team comprised of former senior executives in various industries, we are passionate about giving our community a product that looks and feels great—with real support.
Now, as a venture capital funded startup, we’re looking for even more passionate and experienced individuals to join our team. Sound like a fit? Browse open positions or contact us at email@example.com to apply.
Don't see a role here for you but love CUUP? Email us anyway. We're always looking for smart, enthusiastic people who have a genuine passion to provide women with the kind of support they deserve (beyond just physically).
Designer & Product Developer
About the Opportunity
CUUP is a high-growth, direct to consumer lingerie company founded in November 2018. We began with a vision to help overcome the trade-off between looking good and feeling supported. We want to support her, not only with our product but with the world we’re building for her. CUUP’s team comprises cross-functional experts from Blackstone, Free People, Victoria Secret, Lululemon and McKinsey, and our investors include Forerunner Ventures, Insight Partners, Lerer Hippeau, Global Founders Capital, and Bullish. CUUP closed its Series A round in December 2019. This is a unique opportunity to engage at a critical stage and a role with real responsibility and ownership.
We’re based in Soho, downtown Manhattan.
Summary of Role
CUUP is searching for a Designer/ Product Developer for our fast growing direct to consumer business. We are looking for someone who has had solid foundational experience within a larger brand organization serving design, technical design, innovation, and product development. This role supports CUUP’s Product Design + Innovation engine through stellar technical product development, management, communication, and organization. This is a unique opportunity to support a dynamic and innovative product team
Overview of Key Duties
- Support research, concept development, and product design within CUUP’s product design innovation engine
- Create technical flat sketches with technical construction, design details, technical descriptions, measurements, and fit diagrams.
- Support product development fit excellence through organization of CUUP’s in house fittings, and corresponding fit data documentation and management
- Update and track accurate material + trim component information in technical packages throughout product development cycle
- Execute design + fit intent and consistency through clear analysis, documentation, and adherence to CUUP’s product creation ethos.
- Support product testing, research, wear testing, customer insights, and analysis
- Communicate with factory partners from early development through final commercial ready, tested, and approved samples.
- Support Product development calendar tracking + management
- Support factory product development related communications and sample tracking
- Work with overseas factories and provide clear guidance on design intention, pattern corrections, and development feedback and notes
- Support all fittings on live model. Evaluate and analyze fit corrections and input into product development system communication. This includes a mixed media meticulous capture of technical sketches, illustrations, diagrams, photos, and video feedback
- Travel on site to CUUP’s factories
- 5- 8 years of apparel industry experience in intimate’s design and product development
- Strong technical knowledge of intimate’s performance product, design, fit, construction, pattern making, marking and grading, and product manufacturing
- Experience working onsite working with manufacturers in Asia, Europe, Americas
- Collaborative team player. Experience working with cross functional product team.
- Highly skilled with flat sketching, product fit, pattern making, and building technical packages
- Fluent with product creation process, calendar timelines, and able to work against deadlines for multiple overlapping product deliveries
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong design, sketching, and creative concept development abilities
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with pattern making systems: FlexPLM, WebPDM, CENTRIC
Junior Fit Therapist
Summary of Role:
CUUP is looking for a Junior Fit Therapist to join our fast-growing direct to consumer business located in Soho, New York. Fit is a key strategic initiative at CUUP and sits right at the center of everything we do. As Junior Fit Therapist your role would combine customer service, sales, product and a public face of the company.
Overview of Key Duties:
- Works closely with customers writing into our support channels to assist in putting them in the right size CUUP bra.
- Conduct in person fittings in our office fitting room as well at pop up fitting experiences around the city and country.
- Conduct online fittings via Skype with customers who can’t make it to one of our in person fitting experiences but are struggling to find the right size for them.
- Work with our lead fit therapist to develop the CUUP fitting experience and help to train and bring on new Fit Therapists as the team grows.
- Collect and give feedback to our product team on what is working, what isn’t working and where we need to see changes.
- Develop extensive product knowledge, consult on product development, test samples and represent the customers needs in product development conversations.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answer fit related customer service inquiries and assist CX with answering general customer support questions as needed in peak times or when team members are out
- Conduct regular fittings in the fitting room at our SOHO office as well as onlinez
- Attend offsite fitting events and conduct fittings
- Collect fitting data to help inform our online fit efforts
- Excellent people skills and a friendly and helpful demeanor is paramount, the process of fitting a customer can be taught but bedside manner and the ability to make people feel comfortable in a potentially awkward situation is the most important thing to bring to the table.
- A passion for lingerie and compassion for the wide variety of women and body types that wear it.
- Strong aesthetic sense and appreciation of the CUUP brand aesthetic
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings or weekends and travel as the event schedule dictates
- Tech savvy in general is a plus
CUUP’s Production Designer will work closely alongside the Creative and eComm teams to effectively deliver digital design assets. They will report directly to the Art Director for weekly deliverables and are expected to learn monthly website refresh processes, fully understand proper digital design practices, handle flat and on-body retouching, and be both comfortable and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is expected, as is a solution-oriented attitude. Experience with video editing and composition is an added bonus!
- In depth knowledge of:
- The Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects)
- Non-destructive file handling practices
- Image retouching best practices (flats, campaign, on-body product)
- Digital design rules and best practices
- Social media and digital design trends
- Formatting site’s digital assets (homepage images, banners, product shots, etc.)
- Resizing, exporting, and renaming new images after shoots (desktop + mobile)
- Category landing pages
- Product pages
- Creative leads
- Top nav images
- Blog posts
- Page content
- Efficiently and effectively retouch brand imagery for:
- BodyTalk (on body) weekly
- Product (on body) seasonally
- Product flats seasonally
- Flat creatives seasonally
- Campaign (on body and flat) seasonally
- Manage website file organization and system
- Assist Graphic Designer and Art Director with projects as needed
- Experience using CaptureOne with ability to process imagery after shoots with Art Director
Please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion Graphics Designer
CUUP is a direct to consumer startup focused on providing the essential bra for women with boobs. An ideal candidate for this position is fully immersed in the world of video design, motion graphics, is highly attentive to details, takes direction well and is passionate about CUUP’s overall message and goals. They have created and iterated on paid social videos against performance KPIs before and is familiar with testing different video versions for A/B testing purposes. They will be reporting to the Art Director and work closely with the Marketing, Creative and Analytics teams at CUUP.
- Work with the creative team to design and edit videos for paid social, organic social and any digital use
- Develop elevated brand visuals for video and motion graphics
- Work with analytics and marketing teams to scale and iterate on social media paid ads weekly
- Execute organic videos weekly for IGStories and IGTV from start to finish
- Develop and design templates, style frames and design systems to ensure an efficient video design process
- Enhance company presentations with motion graphics, animated charts, and maps
- Conduct visual research/storyboarding for future concepts
- Stay ahead of video treatments and trends to present to the teams
- At least two years of experience in motion design/animation with Adobe AfterEffects or equivalent level of skill
- Experience in video editing
- Experience in creating and iterating on paid social ads based on analytical feedback, while maintaining the brand’s ethos
- Experience in organizing, collecting and managing relevant archival footage and material
- Elevated design taste
- Extreme attention to detail
- Data visualization experience is a plus
- Deep familiarity with CUUP’s voice and style
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to video and motion storytelling
Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com