Our team is growing: Join us
CUUP is the female-led, direct to consumer brand opening up a conversation for and between women by creating essential bras for women with boobs. For the first time in history, women don’t have to compromise between style and support: Our bras and underwear are made from high quality textiles using sleek designs and expertly shaped fits. With a team comprised of former senior executives in various industries, we are passionate about giving our community a product that looks and feels great—with real support.
Now, as a venture capital funded startup, we’re looking for even more passionate and experienced individuals to join our team. Sound like a fit? Browse open positions or contact us at email@example.com to apply.
Don't see a role here for you but love CUUP? Email us anyway. We're always looking for smart, enthusiastic people who have a genuine passion to provide women with the kind of support they deserve (beyond just physically).
CUUP is seeking an experienced editorial director to manage and scale BodyTalk – CUUP’s growing editorial platform. BodyTalk is committed to sparking bold, inspiring conversation around the topics that hold the most weight for women in today’s world.
The editorial director will be responsible for spearheading the BodyTalk strategy, casting monthly features, conducting weekly interviews, writing weekly articles, coordinating social media distribution, and overseeing future growth initiatives. They will be responsible for leading digital expansion, launching print initiatives, and maintaining BodyTalk voice + tone as the platform grows.
- Develop + execute BodyTalk editorial strategy
- Lead quarterly casting + content planning
- Conduct weekly interviews + coordinate shoot details
- Work with Brand Marketing team to amplify content + integrate into monthly marketing plan
- Work with Creative team to translate editorial stories into high-engagement digital content
- Work with Brand Marketing team to strategically launch new editorial initiatives + content formats
- Manage and nurture the growing BodyTalk community
- Hire and manage freelance writers and creatives where applicable
- Scale BodyTalk and continue to position CUUP at the center of cultural conversations around the topics that hold the most weight for women in today’s world
- Full-time, currently remote position; NYC-based candidate is preferred
- Creative, agile writer / editor with 3-5+ years in media, journalism or editorial
- Deep familiarity with CUUP voice & style
- Has a proven track record of creating authentic content that drives engagement and cultivates new audiences.
- Obsessed with digital storytelling, community building, and maintaining editorial integrity
- Firm grasp on social media, paid, and digital marketing practices
- Thrives in a start-up environment and aligns with CUUP’s mission to redefine the way women look & feel about their bodies
- Exceptional writing skills
- Self-starting, organized & creatively driven
Please email your resume, portfolio or website, and 3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
CUUP is a high-growth, direct to consumer lingerie company founded in November 2018. We began with a vision to help overcome the trade-off between looking good and feeling supported. We want to support her, not only with our product but with the world we’re building for her. CUUP’s team comprises cross-functional experts from Blackstone, Free People, Victoria Secret, Lululemon and McKinsey, and our investors include Forerunner Ventures, Insight Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Global Founders Capital, and Bullish. CUUP closed its Series A round in December 2019.
We’re based in Soho, downtown Manhattan.
About the role
An opportunity to join the merchandising team, we are seeking a responsible, reliable and self-starting team member who loves the CUUP brand and our product vision.
Are you always “shopping” the marketplace? Do you see micro trends and deeply understand consumerism? Are you a solid independent worker but energetic team player eager to work smarter, think differently and produce results? Have you worked for a larger company and eager to gain more exposure/hands on experience with a small start-up team? If so, this could be the role for you.
If you have 5+ years of experience as a merchant (ideally with exposure to working with both design and planning) and want to grow both your creative and analytical skillsets we would love to meet you.
Overview of Key Duties
- Partner with EVP Merchandising to work cross functionally with design, marketing and others.
- Responsible for compilation of data and inspiration into visual presentations for company meetings.
- Research & identify opportunities relevant to the CUUP consumer near, mid, and long term.
- Assist with visual merchandising on-site to drive performance.
- Assist EVP merchandising/cross functional teams to concept, test and analyze concepts/strategies.
- Act as a representative of product (i.e. performance, inventory, plans, and strategies)
- Maintain a library of merchandising info/presentations, sales history and inspiration.
- Help maintain and execute a cross functional T&A calendar as it relates to product.
Background & Experience
- Excellent at visual presentations, proficient in excel/google sheets
- Track record of understanding/identifying what products consumers want and delivering
- Lingerie/Swim experience welcome but not required
We have a high-performance culture and hire colleagues who are best at what they do, are excited to take on responsibility & ownership, and are passionate about what they do. We embrace sustainability and lean into it where we can. And we encourage you to live a balanced life. It will make you more productive.
Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Contribution towards ClassPass and other gym memberships
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave
- Voting Leave
- Universal Paid Parental leave + flexible return to work program
Junior Fit Therapist
Summary of Role:
CUUP is looking for a Junior Fit Therapist to join our fast-growing direct to consumer business located in Soho, New York. Fit is a key strategic initiative at CUUP and sits right at the center of everything we do. As Junior Fit Therapist your role would combine customer service, sales, product and a public face of the company.
Overview of Key Duties:
- Works closely with customers writing into our support channels to assist in putting them in the right size CUUP bra.
- Conduct in person fittings in our office fitting room as well at pop up fitting experiences around the city and country.
- Conduct online fittings via Skype with customers who can’t make it to one of our in person fitting experiences but are struggling to find the right size for them.
- Work with our lead fit therapist to develop the CUUP fitting experience and help to train and bring on new Fit Therapists as the team grows.
- Collect and give feedback to our product team on what is working, what isn’t working and where we need to see changes.
- Develop extensive product knowledge, consult on product development, test samples and represent the customers needs in product development conversations.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answer fit related customer service inquiries and assist CX with answering general customer support questions as needed in peak times or when team members are out
- Conduct regular fittings in the fitting room at our SOHO office as well as onlinez
- Attend offsite fitting events and conduct fittings
- Collect fitting data to help inform our online fit efforts
- Excellent people skills and a friendly and helpful demeanor is paramount, the process of fitting a customer can be taught but bedside manner and the ability to make people feel comfortable in a potentially awkward situation is the most important thing to bring to the table.
- A passion for lingerie and compassion for the wide variety of women and body types that wear it.
- Strong aesthetic sense and appreciation of the CUUP brand aesthetic
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings or weekends and travel as the event schedule dictates
- Tech savvy in general is a plus
Video Editor & Motion Graphics Designer
Anchored in bras that are architectured and engineered to celebrate the natural female form, CUUP is redefining the way that women look and feel about themselves in their underwear. Founded in November 2018, we are a direct-to-consumer brand focused on providing high quality essential bras for women who are unwilling to compromise between style and support. CUUP is a brand that women can trust, providing iconically unlined bras and underwear for women who don’t want to be restricted, pushed, squeezed or flattened. We support you.
CUUP’s Creative Team develops innovative designs for every part of the business. We are agency-free, meaning the in-house creative team has their fingerprint on every piece of content developed for CUUP (web, social, advertising, print, packaging, campaigns, etc.). Being a startup, we are constantly learning, experimenting, iterating and challenging “norms” to ensure we’re leading the conversation of self-defined sensuality and support. We aim to take ideas and transform them into concepts that resonate on a meaningful, emotional level with our audience.
CUUP is looking for a highly creative, technically-abled, well rounded Video Editor & Motion Graphics Designer to join our in-house creative team. This role will report to and support our Art Director and Graphic Designer in creating and editing video content — including all facets of production to filming to post-production. The right candidate is obsessed with all things video and motion, from concepts, to editing software and styles, to sound mixing, to color grading, and motion design techniques. Additionally, they must bring a wealth of innovative ideas for how to tell compelling motion stories across a variety of platforms in a way that reads on brand, elevated and forward-thinking. They must have their finger on the pulse with respect to trends in the video landscape.
Given the fast-paced environment and speed of our workflow, the candidate must be an ambitious self-starter with a can-do mentality and the ability to juggle several projects concurrently and can meet every deadline. We are looking for someone who brings a deep understanding of the marketing, paid advertising and social media landscapes — including relevant brands, industry trends, and visual best practices as they relate to video/motion.
Everything we do is to support our community and be a catalyst for change. An ideal candidate understands these pain points and is passionate about being part of a paradigm shift that is long overdue.
Day to day responsibilities will include: filming videos for organic social and paid ads, editing videos from start to finish; sound engineering and color editing; supporting the creative team with an assortment of editing projects; working seamlessly with internal partners on copy and design; finding visual/motion references; and building storyboards around motion design direction and editing styles.
- Film videos on iPhone and digital camera for Paid and Organic social
- Potential to expand into filming campaign videos as you grow within the role
- Flawlessly edit videos for a range of paid social projects and brand campaign work
- Work alongside creative team to assemble edits and implement notes from Creative Team, Acquisition Team, and Brand/Marketing Team
- Start-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Work efficiently to turnaround quick revisions
- Fantastic time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Superbly punctual with timelines
- Concept and execute social Stories and videos to keep content fresh and on-brand
- Design and animate title cards, end cards, and lower third titles
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product teams to align on project deliverables and gain a clear understanding of the strategy associated with a given project
- Collaborate with designers and writers to create stories through motion
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Pull visual/motion swipe to support creative team in building out concept decks for motion design and editing style
- 3+ years experience filming and editing video content for brands, with a strong portfolio that includes branded content for paid advertising and social media
- You are incredibly creative and able to come up with original ideas with deadlines in mind
- Independent, organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- Expert in Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Posses a clear understanding of video formatting, editing, color grading and motion graphics
- Have an eye for detailed design and a vision for how design can move
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Willing to adapt to new project management workflows
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process
- A strong understanding of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and other social platforms and how video works best on each platform we're making content for and how to adapt edits into these formats
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary
Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com